We are looking for software development colleagues for the Budapest office of a Dutch-owned airline. Your software and tools ensure a flying start to every departure, even in the event of disruptions. They are waiting for you on board with exciting projects and a wide range of benefits!
- You are going to apply software engineering best practices in the area of network planning, scheduling and optimization.
- Additionally: develop a set of tools that resolve the issues concerning our fleet, ground services and network in the case of travel disruption. (This means you make an impact on our partner operation: you are able to work on a schedule management system which is responsible for planning and distributing our partner flight network. Or, develop an engine that calculates the business case of opening up new routes or adding frequencies by looking at commercial demand, expected market share and operational cost impact. How about making a tool that simulates a day of operations at Schiphol to identify resource usage, bottlenecks and overall performance of a schedule?)
- Other important aspects of your job are:
- Translate business needs into compelling products and deliver them to end users so that business value is created:
- Choose technology and govern architecture for products in line with the organisational objectives:
- Ensure that the architecture and design of products is in accordance with up-to-date industry best practices on architecture and software design, and that product architecture within teams follows enterprise-wide architecture principles and target architecture.
- Prior experience with Java and its ecosystem (e.g. Spring, Spring Boot)
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Experience with building API’s and knowledge of REST API best practices
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous deployment techniques
- Proficient with automated testing/BDD
- Experience with bringing information modeling
- Experience with agile methodologies like: Scrum, Kanban and SAFE
- Preferably Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant field
- You are a software professional with the knowledge, innovative power and analytical ability to make an impact in any environment.
- You are a strong communicator, (verbally and writing) in English.
- You are excellent at explaining why your solution is the best, and with your powers of persuasion you will effortlessly win over your colleagues.
- You are a bridge builder, strong in your shoes and are able to deal with resistance.
Our client's offer
- 10% of your time set aside for personal learning and development
- An excellent pension scheme, profit sharing, and yearly bonus
- 25 vacation days and 5 extra days off
- Substantial discounts on flight tickets (after 6 months of employment)
- A travel allowance
- Discount on health insurance
- A learning budget