As one of the world’s largest retailers and the largest private employer in the United Kingdom, our partner has millions of customers a week in their stores and online. In Europe they operate in Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia, offering great value for their customers every day.
You will be an expert in different front-end technologies, guiding the team in developing software that enhances the lives of our customers and colleagues. Your responsibilities include overseeing the entire development and support process for a software program.
- Foster the growth of engineers through coaching, addressing concerns, and implementing performance management strategies.
- Build and nurture effective, high-performing teams focused on delivering quality software.
- Represent the team in technical discussions, constantly broadening your understanding of our technology landscape.
- Take ownership of specific outcomes, working across wider groups to deliver significant results.
- Remain a hands-on coder, actively contributing during team sprints.
- Lead and evangelize a team focus on performance, availability, reliability, and security.
- Continuously improve yourself and your team by suggesting and helping implement new engineering processes and practices.
- Effectively communicate progress to team members, managers, and wider partner colleagues.
- Previous experience managing software engineering teams of 4-6 people.
- Strong problem-solving, analysis, and computational skills with expertise in system design.
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability.
- Experience operating in the cloud.
- Understanding NoSQL technologies.
- Writing standards-compliant HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience using Node.js to create high-traffic websites using Express.js, Sails, Koa, or similar.
- Experience in Lean and Agile environments and understanding of principles behind methodologies such as BDD, ATDD, and TDD.
Our client's offer
- A learning culture with opportunities for career development in your chosen field or new ventures.
- Involvement in varied and exciting projects, ensuring a continuous stream of new challenges.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.