We are looking for software development colleagues for the Budapest office of a Dutch-owned airline. Your software and tools ensure a flying start to every departure, even in the event of disruptions. They are waiting for you on board with exciting projects and a wide range of benefits!
- As a senior data engineer, you will architect and construct data pipelines, transitioning them from their legacy data warehouse systems to cutting-edge data lake solutions.
- You'll be a vital member of their cross-functional BI product team, serving diverse business units such as Safety, Security, and Crisis Management. Their business partners rely on your expertise to deliver scalable, future-proof solutions, leveraging both structured and unstructured data.
- After crafting these solutions, you'll oversee their seamless operation and ensure their sustained performance.
- And naturally, you'll do all this within an agile framework, preparing them for an impending cloud migration.
- Your contributions will be crucial in powering data marts and providing actionable insights to their customers through dashboards.
They are looking for passionate and talented Software Engineers who specialize in Data Engineering. With everything you do, you keep the end goal in mind. You are capable of doing analyses and discovering the core problem in no-time and you provide the best solution for this. Next to this you are able of explaining these issues in an understandable and clear way to stakeholders at every level of the organization. You coach your junior
teammates on a technical level. You look for opportunities, make actions out of them and convince the decision makers.
Besides all of this you have:
- Preferably Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or
other relevant fields (less important in light of work experience)
- At least 4 years of experience building production-grade data processing systems as
a Data Engineer
- In-depth knowledge of:
o The Hadoop ecosystem.
o Building applications with Apache Spark; including Spark Streaming
o Columnar storage solutions like Apache HBase; including knowledge about
data modelling for columnar storage
o Experience with Event Streaming Platforms like Apache Kafka
o Development on a cloud platform
- Experience with 2 or more server-side programming languages, e.g. Scala
(preferred), Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Understanding of common algorithms and data structures
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modelling
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous deployment techniques
- Affinity with Machine Learning and/or Operations Research concepts
Our client's offer
- 10% of your time set aside for personal learning and development
- An excellent pension scheme, profit sharing, and yearly bonus
- 25 vacation days and 5 extra days off
- Substantial discounts on flight tickets (after 6 months of employment)
- A travel allowance
- Discount on health insurance
- A learning budget